THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON THE TURKISH IDENTITY IN RHODES and KOS,2018
THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON THE TURKISH
IDENTITY IN RHODES and KOS,2018
22-23 November 2018
İzmir Metropolitan Municipality
Department of Culture and Arts, Youth Theatre Conference Room (Kültürpark Tennis Club adjacent)
PURPOSE OF THE SYMPOSIUM
The purpose of this symposium is “to bring together academicians, people’s rights advocates and policy makers working on the subject of Turkish Minority in Greece, especially the Turkish Communities of Rhodes and Kos” in order to generate knowledge and advice in this regard, and “to inform the International Public regarding the Turkish Communities of Rhodes and Kos with the symposium resolution” in the context of the minorities living in Europe.
LANGUAGE OF THE SYMPOSIUM
The symposium will be conducted in two languages, namely Turkish and English, with simultaneous translation service.
GOVERNING BODY OF THE SYMPOSIUM
Prof. Dr. Mustafa Kaymakçı – President / Chairman of the Executive Board, Rhodes, Kos and the Dodecanese Turks Culture and Solidarity Association
Asst. Prof. Dr. Cihan Özgün – Secretary of the Executive Board, Ege University
Ahmet Kırevliyası – Deputy President / Member of the Executive Board, Rhodes, Kos and the Dodecanese Turks Culture and Solidarity Association
Ali Hüsemoğlu – Member of the Executive Board, Rhodes, Kos and the Dodecanese Turks Culture and Solidarity Association
Asst. Prof. Dr. Aslı Başaran – Member of the Executive Board, Ege University
- Rights of Minorities in Europe
- Turkish-Greek Relations
- Current Problems of Turkish Communities of Rhodes and Kos
CONDITIONS FOR REPORT PARTICIPATION IN THE SYMPOSIUM
- Participants to present their oral reports in the symposium will be determined by the scientific board by invitation. The reports are required to be prepared in English. Oral presentation can be made in English and/or Turkish.
- The symposium will also be open for poster reports. Necessary correspondences with relevant departments are made in this direction. Care will be taken to select poster reports from among post-graduate and doctorate students. Poster reports will also be required to be prepared in English.
SYMPOSIUM ACCESS and ACCOMMODATION INFORMATION
- Travel, accommodation and other relevant expenses of the invited oral report presenters will be provided by the Society.
- Lunches and interim travel for the poster report presenters will be provided by the Society.
IMPORTANT DATES DURING THE SYMPOSIUM
The last date to submit reports is 01 September 2018 for invited oral presenters and poster report presenters.
Reports of the participants who submit their reports until the date of 01 September 2018 will be collected in a booklet and published in English language. The booklet will be presented to oral and poster report presenters at the beginning of the symposium. A Turkish translation of the booklet is also planned for a later date.
Secretary of the Executive Board
Asst. Prof. Dr. Cihan Özgün